Monday, April 16, 2012

Weekend Update

 
The threat of bad weather kept us close to home this weekend, but lucky for me there was an Estate Sale close by.  Do you ever feel that you would have liked the person who's stuff you are looking through?  I did at this sale.  She was a quilter, and a needle worker. I was able to buy this "cutter" for a song.  I had to wash it as soon as I walked in the door.  Maybe they had animals, but it made me sneeze.  There are only a handful of squares that are not frayed to shreds.  Still, I thought it was so well done, well loved
 and worth saving from the rag pile.

 
Just last week Barb from Babs Just a Babblin showed a ceramic berry basket that she was going to buy from Anthropologie.  This little number called to me.  A seventies ceramic project.  How do I know?...  I also did ceramics in the seventies. 

 
This vintage schoolhouse photo and serving spoon were both treasures to me.


So pretty, and look at all that engraving!
 
This little coffee pot pump lotion container is from 1976.  The bicentennial year is the year we were married.  No we didn't have a red, white and blue wedding.  The style in 1976 was a rainbow wedding, with my bridesmaids wearing pastel yellow, pink, green, blue and violet...it was groovy, just like this pump! I spent $6 on everything!

I went back on day two of the sale for 1/2 price treasures, more tomorrow.


I read one book about the Titanic this weekend.  Never got to the rest of the books I showed you last week.  Watched a few too many hours of Titanic specials commemorating the 100th anniversary of the sinking, but I was crocheting!  I'm not sure why I am interested in this ship, but I am fascinated by it.

It's a blustery day here in Chicagoland.. Put some rocks in your pockets if you're going out!  Otherwise, enjoy this beautiful day! 


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Debby said...

Love the quilt. What will you do with it. Pillows, maybe. I always think of the person making the quilt as well.

Jill said...

You got some real treasures! I can't wait to see the rest.