Friday, April 13, 2012

Reading for a Rainy Weekend

 
I hit the library for some reading material for a rainy weekend.  Are you a Jane Austen fan?  Me too!  I am amazed at the titles using Jane Austen as a jumping off place, and I've read a bunch.  These look good, and when I finish the books I can pick up a hook and crochet something romantic!


 
Some sweet inspiration.


 
These girls have the best ideas, for anytime of the year.

 
After watching The Bronson Pinchot Project on DIY, I so want to be more daring in my decorating.  Bronson should really write a book, but until then, Salvage Secrets will do!


 
Birds.  They've been on my mind.  Right before Easter, I lost my parakeet, Mr. Dilbert Pickles, after a long illness.  I've included his obituary, as it was published in the Budgie Gazette.  Rest in peace Dill. Sigh...

Dilbert Pickles
200?-2012
Dilbert Pickles was laid to
rest under the rose arbor
in a quiet evening
ceremony attended by
his friends. In a touching
eulogy, Dill was remembered
with a story about his
brief escape from his
cage.  Dill is survived
by his mate Blueberry Pie.

Here comes that rainy day feeling again...

Seriously, Have a great weekend my friends.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jill said...

I'm so sorry about your loss. May Blueberry Pie fill the void left behind. I love the names of your birds.

Sounds like you are busy creating! How fun!

Lynne said...

I too am sorry to hear of your loss. Is that bringing the rainy day feelings to you big time?

Maybe this will bring a smile . . . My sons BD is tomorrow. I made a cake. Second round cake in my lifetime . . . not a baker. The first one was an angel food and when I took it out of the pan there were holes all over. Desperation set in. . . so I cut the bottom off and tried to fill the holes. Tears, desperate, crying . . . you can figure out the rest of the story! Hubby went out and bought a cake for his BD party . . . I said, "NEVER AGAIN!" Until today . . . As I said Scott's BD tomorrow and he will be will be 48 . . . So try again I did. Not perfect but better than the one I made 51 years ago . . .

I will post about it tomorrow . . . smiling yet?