Thursday, August 23, 2012

Drop Cloth Hand Towels

 
I made these cute towels, with a boarder print and drop cloth fabric.

 
I shopped my own stash for some Autumn inspiration.
I bought this boarder print in 08,
I know because it still had the tag pinned to it. 

 
I used the same technique that I've used on the small quilts. 
Sewing down the boarder with it's raw edges exposed.

 
I also left the ends of the towel unfinished,
except for a line of stitching to keep the fraying in check.

 
Then I threw them in with a load of wash and they frayed beautifully.
The colors are a better match in person. 

Most of my time was spent going through my stash.  I found panels, yardage, flannel and fleece.  The nice part is that I have things organized, and found all the Autumn together.  I found a set of bird panels that will make a cozy throw, so that's what I am working on now.

What's with this burst of creativity?...In a word...Nesting.  This is my time of year. 

Today our sweet p. is three months old!  Happy Birthday Penny, Grandma loves you so!

Enjoy this beautiful day.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: