Saturday, October 20, 2012

and I forgot my camera!

 
Friday was a moody, cloudy October day.  The perfect day to take photos of the landscape and the clouds.  The autumn light is different and the colors pop in the most beautiful way...and I forgot my camera!
These three photos are from my phone,  I had to take a couple of photos when the sky cleared for a bit.


 
These are fields filled with ripe orange pumpkins, ready for the swarms of people who will visit the Edwards Apple Orchard in Poplar Grove this weekend.

 
I was visiting with my dear old pal Laura.  We get together each October to celebrate her birthday and our 25 year friendship.  We became friends in the worst circumstances imaginable.  My brother was in intensive care, suffering from a traumatic brain injury.  As I sat in the waiting room at the hospital, waiting for my chance to see him, a beautiful young girl came up to me and introduced herself as my brother's girlfriend. That was Laura.  To make a long story short, we bonded during my brother's recovery.  Their romance was short lived, but this was one ex girlfriend that I would not ever let go. We had a great day and saw so many things I wish I had photos of...

 
I didn't accomplish much this week...I glittered my pumpkin...

 
and learned how to print tags in my printer.  I don't know why I never tried it before.  Just print on regular paper until you have the size you need.  Then tape the tags securely over the image, and print again.  So easy but very cool. 
Have a great weekend my friends, and thank you for all the tattered garland love. 

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Jill said...

LOVE your story, your pumpkin AND those tags!

Lynne said...

Love your clouds . . . even without your camera.

What fun to continue a friendship with your brothers . . . what ever do we call her, not a reject, not an 'x', friend past,
. . . guess I will call her, Penny's Friend!

Happy you had a great day. Did you sing songs together?

Our Hopeful Home said...

Great story! So glad you could get together. Weather really has been something, lately, no? We had tornadoes in these parts last week....you'd think we still lived in Kansas! Lol