Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Mini Meetup/ Chicagoland Edition


I made a new friend in blogging, Cathy of My 1929 Charmer.  For months Melanie from Comfy House has been trying to get a few of us Chicagoland bloggers together and it happened yesterday.  We met for lunch, not too far from me but 40 miles from Cathy and almost 30 from Melanie. Melanie and I have been friends for over a year now, but this was our first time meeting Cathy.

Let's just say that we had too much fun.  We laughed so much and had the best time getting to know each other.  We share a love of thrifting, decorating and of course blogging in common, and what a place to start. Melanie is a thrifter extraordinaire, she is always on the hunt for the next great item to add to her "Comfy" and beautiful home.  I have only seen Cathy's home through her blog and it is amazing.  These two leave me in the dust when it comes to thrifting skills.   It was such a pleasure spending a couple of hours with these sweet and talented ladies. Making new friends is always great, but making friends that share your passion for
finding that hidden treasure among the junk, decorating your home, over and over... and the friendships that come with blogging, well that, as they say, is priceless!

Thanks to Melanie for organizing this meet up, and to Cathy for traveling all those miles in order to have lunch.  I'm still smiling...

Enjoy this beautiful day.


6 comments:

Debby said...

Can I come next time. We gotta get together.

Lynne said...

Lucky you for such a happy day. Reminds me of our meet up! I think you are the most exceptional, bargain finder, extraordinaire though!

Our Hopeful Home said...

Sounds like fun! Glad you were able to get together. Ain't blogging grand? :) xoKathy

Cathy @ My 1929 Charmer said...

Thank you, for the pleasure was all mine! What a wonderful time I had, good food, laughter, sharing, reminiscing and creating a nest between us kindred spirits.

Melanie said...

It was great getting to meet Cathy yesterday and for all of us to have lunch together. Good times. And you are also a wonderful thrifter - you find awesome things!

20 North Ora said...

Hi Penny - Sounds like fun. Aren't blogger friends just the best? I came over from Melanie's blog and am your newest follower.

Judy