Friday, May 30, 2014

Thrifting Therapy

My honey knows how to distract me...take me thrifting.  When the house is back to normal and it gets quiet, I start to get lonely.  My dear one took me out to a couple of thrift stores and here is what I found.
A platter that matches plates I bought in the fall of last year.  A teapot, from Telefloral.  It was actually a vase for Mother's Day in 2008.  It still had the remains of oasis and the wire that holds the lid off to the side when the arrangement is in the teapot.  A hobnail jar, a faux boxwood wreath and the tablecloth, brand new in the package for .99!
 The roses on the teapot match a cup and saucer I bought a while back. It was $3.99.
 It was just too pretty to pass up.
 I love this little hobnail jar.  Wouldn't you love a set of glasses like these?  It was .99.

Boxwood is all over the place, but I think the preserved boxwood smells awful.  It was .99.
I haven't looked up this platter but the plates I have that match were almost $23 dollars each on eBay.
The platter was $3.99.  Just about $12 dollars to get me out of the house and have some fun.  The missing Penny part is still a WIP.
This is a gift from my dear SIL Elizabeth.  I added a bar of Beekman 1802 soap.  I love it and all it's enameled goodness.

I,...well my honey, (Though I yelled, pull over! ;-) garbage picked something for me...I was so excited...Show you soon.  You can decide, is she crazy or cool?

Thanks for stopping by and for all of your kind comments.  I just past 900 posts!  Boy I'm chatty!
Enjoy this wonderful day.

4 comments:

Lynne said...

Great finds you 900 post diva . . .
I hope you are smiling!
Congrat's . . .

Melanie said...

Aw, your hubby is so sweet to take you out thrifting to cheer you up! I think he's a keeper. :-) I will write to you later...I'm off to my 2nd home now (PT).

Swanky Salvage Decor said...

Some great finds! You wouldn't believe the things I find that people sit out for the trash. I like to call it "curbside shopping"!

Our Hopeful Home said...

Great stuff. And guess what? I have a cake stand that matches your platter! Got it a few year ago at Target. Our tastes are so eerily similar. Never knew they were called hobnail jars:) xoKathy