Sunday, January 2, 2011

Spending my Crate and Barrel giftcard

For Christmas I received a few gift cards. I'm not a fan of shopping, unless of course it's a rummage sale, or a craft store, but since I had a gift card for Crate and Barrel, I headed on over to see if I could find something I would like, and need. I found these two casseroles. Golden color on the inside, and a nice caramel on the outside. I never have enough casseroles for the holidays, and I'll use these in the spring for our Easter brunch. And speaking of Easter, isn't this little ceramic egg crate the cutest? I had to put some colored eggs in it as soon as I got home. The large jar is for our supply of Quaker oatmeal bars. We have a large jar with a screw on lid now, and this lift off lid will be cuter and more convenient.




My gift card was for $40.00 and I spent 43.17! Thanks to my ever so sweet and generous nephew Greg. I spent a Michaels gift card on yarn for my service projects and a xyron cartridge, thanks Mindy and Tony and to the little bird. I still have an Archivers card, thanks to my generous sons. They know what Mama likes! I love to shop for papers, trims, stamps and such for a Valentine making party I host each year. I'm not a scrapbooker, but they have great stuff for all kinds of paper crafts.

My Kristen and her Doug were snowed out of NY for 4 days. It was great to have them here, with time to just hang around, a luxury we usually don't have. Gosh, I love that daughter of mine and miss her already. Tomorrow, it's back to reality...paying bills, LAUNDRY and the most depressing of all duties, taking down the Christmas decorations. The house looks practically undressed after the decorations come down. Though, I love the calm of January and the creative sparks that seem to fly this time of year, for me and I hope for you dear friends.





Posted by Picasa

No comments: