Thursday, October 3, 2013

Ain't it foggy outside...




The first words to the song "Sandman." (by the band America, back in the day) So appropriate this morning as I had my first full night of sleep in a while. Sweet hubby was traveling and I was keeping busy, but an empty bed is an empty bed, and I missed my dearest.


I've got the decorating bug, just like everyone it seems. The bottle gourds I grew myself...but never again...what a mess. The vines grew over twenty feet, and I couldn't wait to clean up. The gourds need to mature and dry on the vine, but these will rot before they dry. I had visions of bird houses and vessels to decorate...



I really like how the buffet turned out...Adding and subtracting items till it felt the perfect combination of Vintage and Autumn.


Don't you love the color of Autumn that only comes after cool temps in the evenings? I moved the pumpkin to the previous basket shot... Does it bother you when you see the same items moved in a magazine spread? I'm always like, hey, they used that same...basket, vase, candle, pumpkin ;-) in the bedroom and the dining room....


And, speaking of magazines... Sweet and dear hubby got me this magazine, (the #1 magazine in Canada) after I saw it mentioned by Sarah Richardson on her Facebook page.(He was most worried about what the customs people would think of him having this sort of magazine...silly guy, everyone likes pumpkins!) I am really enjoying it, many great ideas, recipes and stories. Most of all I'm enjoying having hubby next to me as I write...in bed. Sigh...

The work around the house, (the moving, purging, sorting) ground to a halt as I cleaned and decorated to welcome my Guild Sisters to my home for a meeting. This weekend will be a busy one.. Mike is groomsman for his good friend Ed and his lovely bride, on their happy day. I can't wait to see our Mike in his tux. Also, a baby shower for the daughter of one of my dearest friends... seems everything happens on the same weekend! It's wonderful to have such joyful occasions to attend!

Thanks to all who stop by for a visit, or leave a sweet comment... I so appreciate your support. And to the dears that take the time to become a follower... thank you! I am amazed by your kindness.

Take care my friends and enjoy this beautiful day!

Love, Penny






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

4 comments:

Debby said...

Have a great meeting with your group. You fall decorating is beautiful. Love the print on the clip board. I will be gone for a couple of weeks.......take care.

Our Hopeful Home said...

Hey, so nice to see how others are decorating since I'm basically not! Is that a runner or rug under the pumpkin and hydrangeas? Where'd you get it? I've always wanted the rug but money always gets in the way:) I've looked for white pumpkins for weeks now but haven't found any:(

Lynne said...

Lovely post. Like the foggy photo with the glimpse of the addirondeck chair and the play house.

Love the magazine . . . lucky you!

Sarah Richardson of Sarah's House . . . ?

terricheney said...

...all the planes have been grounded...
America was one of my most favorite groups in my teen years. I had all but one of their albums, sigh.

It all looks lovely, nice and cozy and warm and seasonal even if the weather won't cooperate.