Friday, October 4, 2013

Even the Powder Room




Yep, even the guest bathroom got The Autumn treatment. These are the last of my white Cosmos. The "soaps" enameled bowl I found at Kane County. It's a reproduction, but so pretty with some homemade soap and pinecones.


The hand towels I made last year with a boarder fabric and some drop cloth. My hubby and I remodeled the bathroom ourselves. It is rinkydink by today's DIY standards, (no granite or vessel sink) but a proud accomplishment for two inexperienced but determined do it yourselfers.


Things looked warm and cozy for my meeting last night but in reality I was running the air conditioning. It was so humid, and would have been uncomfortable without it. This is just before my guests arrived. I was busy putting out snacks and forgot to photograph the spread and the dessert table.


I like my copper coffee table. It's made from a outdoor fire pit topped with tempered glass. It's so much fun to fill as the seasons change.




When the business portion of our meeting was complete, folks hung out for a while.
A good time was had by all. Glad to host these special women, and so happy it's Friday!

Have a great weekend my friends!

Love, Penny


Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Your living room and guest both look so beautiful and cozy! You always add just the right touches. You are such a wonderful and gracious hostess. :-) I hope you had a lovely evening with your Guild Sisters.

Lynne said...

Lovely Penny . . . having experienced your grace, warmth and hospitality in your home I am sure 'guild one sisters' felt as welcomed, relaxed and treated royally as I did.

You have away about you Penny . . ,

Happy weekend . . . enjoy!