Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Alison from The Polo House Featured in Midwest Living!

 
Local Bloggers...and anyone who loves a beautiful home...
Another of our fabulous girls has been featured in a magazine!
It's the amazing and talented Alison from The Polo House.

 
I met Alison at one of our Midwest Blogger events a couple of years ago.
If you follow her blog, you know that she lives in a fantastic
home, a converted polo clubhouse and stable.
Alison is a talented decorator and antiques dealer.
She is also the sweetest, down to earth,
and supportive friend.

 
Just take a look at Alison's kitchen.  She incorporates an equestrian
theme throughout in a beautiful understated way that makes her home shine.
Check out December's Midwest Living and visit dear Alison
at The Polo House.  
 
Here's a little project I whipped up.  It's made from chalkboard cloth available at Jo Ann's for just
$4.99 a yard...but use your coupon!  A package of double fold bias tape and you have a cool
banner that you can change with a swipe of a cloth.  I used 9 flags on mine.  I saw one with quotes on each flag...but I just recorded our low temperature from this morning.  I know I am in the minority, but bring on the cold!  I LOVE IT!

Have a great day dear friends.  Thanks for stopping by and for your friendship.


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hi Penny
This article is so beautiful... thank you for sharing it with us.
How have you been? I know I have been mia, trying to get back into the swing of things
I hope this finds you well
Blessings
Rebecca

Alison @ The Polohouse said...

PENNY!!!!
YOU ARE THE SWEETEST!!!
I have tears in my eyes, you have touched my heart!

Thanks you SO much for this most unexpected treat. I am honored to be on your blog today. THANK you sweet friend!

xoxoxox
Alison
<3 <3 <3

Alison @ The Polohouse said...

I forgot to also say thank you for telling us about this fabric! I had no idea such a thing existed!

And just yesterday, I had a friend tell me (while standing in our local CVS oddly enough) that she was painting a velvet sofa for her college daughter's apartment with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint!

Who ever heard of such a thing!!!???

Love it when can share and learn something new.

Great banner, Penny!

xoxoxox
Alison :)

Lynne said...

I love this Penny, most of all your enthusiasm. Off I go to check out Polohouse . . .