Monday, October 28, 2013

Weekend Update, Sick with a cold edition...

 
Looking out my front door this morning...
Wondering where the weekend went.  Lost in a snotty, congested
head cold.  My first in a very long while.
My two little nieces are no match for hand washing and hand sanitizer.
They've been like this for weeks.
That's what happens when you go to kindergarten.

 
When this tree was planted I hoped it would
be a maple that turned red in the fall.
Such a cheerful thing to see.

 
Still managing to get a few Autumn touches here...

 
and there.

 
Though the move is going painfully slow,
I am finding places to use some of my
storage items in a new way.
Just outside the main bathroom.
 
I caught the frost before the sun got it.

 
Funny how hardy some things are and delicate some others are... going, going, gone.
Melanie, your coleus is rooting safely inside.

 
Even a short ride was too much, the way I was feeling. 
While my dearest helped a friend in need,
I sat and watched The Phantom of the Opera, (Yes Lynne, because of you!)
and a Michael Feinstein tribute to Frank Sinatra
and called it a weekend. 
Can I have a do over please?
Thanks so much for stopping by...Enjoy this beautiful, sniff, day! Aaaaccccchhhooo!


Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

babs said...

Oh penny, sorry you got the bug. What a waste of time! Hopefully it won't hang around too long. Take care, dear friend.

Debby said...

So sorry you aren't feeling well. Those little darlings can sure share those bugs they get at school. Yes, you deserve a do over. I hope you can as soon as you are up to it. Feel better.

Our Hopeful Home said...

Hope you're on the mend! If it's any consolation my weekend was exhausting and I didn't even get to watch any t.v.! Hope you're up and around in no time!

Blondie's Journal said...

I'm so sorry about your head cold, I think they are the worst. I keep anti bacterial soap in the bath and at the kitchen sink. And I do a clean sweep of the bathroom every morning with Lysol wipes I keep in the vanity. If the kiddies don't wash their hands, we can be armed and ready!! ;-D

I love your outdoor pictures, the light in the fall is so pretty!

Feel better soon!

XO,
Jane

Melanie said...

I'm so sorry you have a bad cold. From what I've seen on Facebook, so many people are starting to get sick now. Yuck. Thank you for rooting a coleus plant for me - you're the best! I love your storage area outside your bathroom. Very clever - and pretty, to boot!

Lynne said...

I am just getting to reading posts and commenting . . . I don' know if I can keep up with it all.

A cold is miserable . . . I do hope you are feeling better by the time I am writing this on 11-1-13 . . . I bet watching and listening to The Phantom helped???

I like all your fall touches . . .

Be well my friend!