Monday, May 2, 2011

Hanging Out on the North Shore

 A visit to the North Shore is like a little vacation.  The treasure that is Lake Michigan puts my soul at peace.  The beauty of the springtime, is especially fragile and sweet near the power of our mighty lake.
 We walked along a trail near the Coast Guard Station.  With the chilly temperatures we had the lakefront almost to ourselves.
 The sailboats await young sailors...
 and the beautiful, peaceful, Baha'i House of Worship, just across the road.
 I took this photo, not knowing that world events would put this story in the thoughts of everyone once again.


I said we had the Lake almost to ourselves...  This poor pooch lost his toy in the surf.  Luckily his owner braved the cold water to retrieve it. 

We found drift wood and sea glass, and were renewed with the wind and the waves.  As soon as the weather warms we'll have to share the beach with others.  I love the Lake in all seasons, and especially with my favorite guy who loves it as much as I do.

I'm thinking of a song this morning...Let there be peace on earth...and let it begin with me.  Peace my friends.

3 comments:

savvycityfarmer said...

you've nailed this one!
I love love love the Glencoe beach

tikascm said...

Peace be with you also, my Pal. See you Thursday night! What will you create with the drift wood & sea glass? Something unique I am sure! Warm hugs & love to you, Pal.

Lynne said...

I loved your messages in this post. Going "to the water" inspires me, gives me time of reflection and brings me peace. How right you are, let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me.

I am very new to blogs and "blogging" thanks to my dear friend Barbie/Babs. It sounds like each of you are inspired by the other. And now each of you are bringing me INSPIRATION.

I hope to meet you sometime . . .
Lynne