Tuesday, January 22, 2013

A Bit of Thrifting

 
When I eyed this Wedding Ring quilt at the local thrift, I almost walked past it.  The prices at the local stores seem to be rising, along with everything else.  It was in the softest shades of blue, so I took a gander at the price tag...$10!  I checked it over and found only one small tear that could easily be repaired.
Took it home and did my usual oxy clean on a tiny spot and threw it in the wash.  Out came my beautiful queen sized quilt,and right onto the bed!

 
Dark winter day, but you get the picture.  It is a mass produced quilt, not handmade...
but a lovely addition to our bedroom.

 
I also found this pillow ticking, two yards for $1.50.
 I'm thinking pillowcases to match the quilt.

 
I used to be the queen of cut and copy.  I've made dozens of invites, flyers and letters using graphics from books such as these. Before the days of emails and computers, this was hi tech!  I'll use these in my paper crafting.

It's ZERO outside, but thank God cozy and warm inside. A good day for crafting and for taking some photos of things I've already completed.  Something about a sunny but dangerously cold day. (I am part polar bear) This is the way winter is supposed to be in Chicagoland.  Snow,  maybe for Wednesday...

I love the winter weather
When the two of us can get together
There's nothing sweeter, finer
When it's nice and cold I can my baby
closer to me...
and collect the kisses that are due me
I love the winter weather
Because I've got my love to keep me warm!

(as sung by Tony Bennett)

Stay cozy my friends.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Penny, your new quilt is quite lovely. I imagine you feel like you have a whole new bedroom. I love thrifting. Glad you went back for a second look. Enjoy!

Lynne said...

Another thrifting find . . . cold weather and your love to keep you warm! Sing it Tony . . .