Thursday, January 17, 2013

Heart Swap

 
Last September, I was so disappointed that we would have to miss the Country Living Fair in Ohio.  I googled and looked for posts about the fair, and I found Debby at Cozy Blanket.  She was so brave, and went to the Fair herself, met a couple of great ladies and had the best time.  I commented on her post and the rest, as they say, is history.  A friendship blossomed.
Debby is hosting a heart swap for Valentine's day, and I signed up to play.


 
My heart was easy to make.  I die cut hearts from old dictionary pages, sheet music, natural waxed paper, silver paper and wool felt. I embossed the silver paper, some cream card stock and the waxed paper.
I antiqued the silver embossed heart with some paint.

 
I stacked them all together and held them together with a clip.  Over to the sewing machine and stitched the whole bunch together.  Then I punched holes in the top and bottom.  On the bottom I antiqued a small ornament, and attached it with a jump ring.  There's another jump ring on the top where I threaded some seam binding I crushed and antiqued with walnut ink.


 
I so enjoy a good presentation.  I cut more sheet music to fit inside a cello bag, added a card with my info and a photo with instructions to fold the hearts towards the center for a more dimensional look.


 
Stapled a bit of cool vintage look card stock to the top.  Off to the PO they will go, and then I sit back and wait.  I'll receive 5 hearts, and I'll be sure to show them off.  Now that I've jump started my Valentine mojo, watch out...I just might get a few projects done! 

Enjoy this beautiful day my friends!


Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Jill said...

That heart is beautiful, Penny! They will love it!

The Feathered Nest said...

Hi sweet Penny!! These are absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! Everything about them...and the packaging is the perfect finishing touch! I looked at the first photo and thought, "these are gorgeous, I wonder where Penny bought these??" I'm sure the recipients are going to be just thrilled! Wishing you a wonderful weekend sweet friend, hugs and love, Dawn

babs said...

Penny, you ROCK! The hearts are so professionally crafted. They are awesome. Lucky recipients!

Debby said...

Oh Penny these are wonderful. I thought at first they were kits. Love the packaging as well.
Cute story about that Debby person at the CL Fair, hah.

Lynne said...

Very nice Penny . . . you accomplish more in five minutes than I do in one day!

Lutka And Co. said...

Hi Penny,
I just received my five hearts, and yours was one of them! It's such a lovely and unique heart! I love it! It will have a special place on my valentine tree :-) Thank you!
Linda