Friday, January 4, 2013

Stripe Quilt

 
This is the quilt I just finished for our baby bug who is celebrating her first birthday this weekend.
I made the top with a jelly roll, already cut strips in a technique I posted about a while back.  Unfortunately, I can't find it on my own blog.  Just can't remember when I made it...oh well.

 
I machine quilted on every other strip in the ditch and backed it with some
cozy flannel I've been saving for a rainy day. Sometimes it takes a while but
 I eventually use everything I buy.

 
I used a bright green for the border and finished it by hand.  Ready just in time for a celebration for
our dear little great niece! 

The tree and all decorations are down and I am mulling about some changes to make around here
for a lift from the January blahs.  How are you perking up your home now that the sparkle is packed away for another year?  Do tell...

Have a great weekend...was that a week we just had?  I guess we'll get back to normal next week.  Take care my friends, and thank you for all the kind comments. 


Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Jill said...

That is beautiful! Your baby love will love it!

Our Hopeful Home said...

What a cute quilt, home made ones are the best! My kids still have all the blankets they were given as babies! Just a tip, if you "tagged" your posts with words like "quilt", "jelly roll technique", etc. you could go into your blogger dashboard "Posts" section and plug in the words and do a search. Then all your posts with those words in it will come up! I've used that feature quite a bit over the past few years! :)

Debby said...

Such a sweet quilt for your neice. Happy Birthday to the birthday girl.
Just got decorations down.....now they need to go into storage downstairs. I'm moving like a snail right now.

Lynn said...

Perk? Normal? Penny, it just looks bare and all the “stuff” I moved to make room in the sunroom for Christmas seems to have found a permanent place. We LIKE cluttered. Your quilt is wonderful. Your great niece is a lucky one to have you in her life. Enjoy your weekend.

Lynne said...

So pretty, I hope your great niece enjoys snuggling with it.

All the glitz and glitter is tucked away for another year at the Irish House . . . I am so happy Mr IGH willingly hauls all those boxes down, then up after decorated and then down again and back up again when everything is packed back up!!! I think I have scaled back but I am not sure!!!