Friday, January 4, 2013

Stripe Quilt

This is the quilt I just finished for our baby bug who is celebrating her first birthday this weekend.
I made the top with a jelly roll, already cut strips in a technique I posted about a while back.  Unfortunately, I can't find it on my own blog.  Just can't remember when I made it...oh well.

I machine quilted on every other strip in the ditch and backed it with some
cozy flannel I've been saving for a rainy day. Sometimes it takes a while but
 I eventually use everything I buy.

I used a bright green for the border and finished it by hand.  Ready just in time for a celebration for
our dear little great niece! 

The tree and all decorations are down and I am mulling about some changes to make around here
for a lift from the January blahs.  How are you perking up your home now that the sparkle is packed away for another year?  Do tell...

Have a great weekend...was that a week we just had?  I guess we'll get back to normal next week.  Take care my friends, and thank you for all the kind comments. 

Posted by Picasa


Jill said...

That is beautiful! Your baby love will love it!

Charm Bracelet Diva said...

What a cute quilt, home made ones are the best! My kids still have all the blankets they were given as babies! Just a tip, if you "tagged" your posts with words like "quilt", "jelly roll technique", etc. you could go into your blogger dashboard "Posts" section and plug in the words and do a search. Then all your posts with those words in it will come up! I've used that feature quite a bit over the past few years! :)

Debby said...

Such a sweet quilt for your neice. Happy Birthday to the birthday girl.
Just got decorations they need to go into storage downstairs. I'm moving like a snail right now.

Lynn said...

Perk? Normal? Penny, it just looks bare and all the “stuff” I moved to make room in the sunroom for Christmas seems to have found a permanent place. We LIKE cluttered. Your quilt is wonderful. Your great niece is a lucky one to have you in her life. Enjoy your weekend.

Lynne said...

So pretty, I hope your great niece enjoys snuggling with it.

All the glitz and glitter is tucked away for another year at the Irish House . . . I am so happy Mr IGH willingly hauls all those boxes down, then up after decorated and then down again and back up again when everything is packed back up!!! I think I have scaled back but I am not sure!!!