Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Love is the answer...

 
The question, what is February all about?  (With a nod to my old friend Gerry Sasso who wrote a song called Love is the Answer and it was also the name of an album we made...we meaning our Young People's Choir)(Yes I was a recording artist..as if...;-) Boy, it's kinda early in a post to digress!
Anyway, I started to do a little decorating for Valentine's day.
I love this print, have had it for so many years.  It hangs somewhere year round.  An excellent reminder about what love really is...patient, kind...


 
A couple of books, with heart...

 
A vintagy heart I made and use to hold some of my pins.  This is also out all year. 

 
A mirror I painted and used the napkin method to put the ivy and the roses on.
Thank goodness there is no 20 year rule on craft projects.  Is there?

 
and my faux stack of love letters...

 it's really a trinket box.  Forgive me, I've shown this before.  I think it is so cool.  An old Carol Duvall project!

 Some real old letters, not mine. Wish I had a stack of my own... well really, I'm old enough now that all the letters from my youth are old! Gotta fish those out.  I have some very sweet letters from friends I should display.

 Just took down the Christmas art that was where the large clipboard now hangs.  Found some botanicals I bought from a dear lady, Joan of Anything Goes Here.  If you are looking for anything vintage, she is the girl for you.  I miss her, we used to meet up here and there at shows.  I lost the botanicals for a while, they were put away in a safe but undisclosed place. (In a large book, and sadly forgotten till recently)  I have been finding some clipboards, so maybe I'll hang some downstairs too.


Classy, right? 

It is dark and rainy here today.  So much to do.  Remember, all you need is love.  Enjoy this beautiful day.


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Debby said...

Soon you will have new art to display. There is just something about hearts that make you smile. vey dark and grey here today. It was raining and the temps are dropping. Soon it will be snowing again. But it's winter. Can't believe it is almost Feb. Wow.

Lynn said...

I love how you gather everything together as the holidays and months go by, Penny. You are an inspiration. All is well.

Lynne said...

Keep saying it and soon there will be an epidemic . . .
"All you need is Love!"

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Hi! I love your heart pincushion, very cute!! Hope you have a wonderful creative day! xx Holly