Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Easter At Home (In English Valley)


I had great plans, big ambitions, and truth be told, not many came to be this Easter. Having house guests, especially a small and wonderful grand daughter made most of my preparations improbable,
OK... impossible.


This floral design was inspired by my dear SIL Elizabeth.
 The pots are from Ikea,
as is the tablecloth from 2 summers ago


I was inspired by a photo on pinterest featuring a tall canning jar with pink tulips.
 I had all the elements, but not the time to gather them and photograph.


Look who joined me at the traditional Polish Basket Blessing...Our favorite daughter Kristen, (our only daughter, that's why I can call her my favorite!:-) Our Sweetest sweet p. and her "baby" and Grandpa, the
the most wonderful guy ever! 

We had some of our food and candy, a bottle of wine for a dear friend,
 and the toys for the little one's blessed.
A tradition that goes back four generations now.

Our wonderful Charlotte frosted and decorated this lime cheesecake bundt.

Our basket of wheat grass gave a spectacular show.

I didn't go too crazy this year on the candy.  Some years we have jelly beans well into the summer.
Yes, dear Mary delivered our little lamb cake...sooo good.  All that's left is the head!
 
Then our Penny had her first Easter Basket,
actually a sack since baskets are hard to travel with.
She had the best time and loved all of her presents.

A really lovely holiday, and the blessing of being together.  Hope you had a great holiday too. 

Thanks for stopping by and for your friendship, it means the world to me!  Enjoy this beautiful day.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Lynne said...

Loved seeing some of your Easter time Penny! Of course,
"Little P" is a joy to see. (I think I have it now . . . your daughter's name is KRISTIN . . .)
Memories are the best leftovers . . .

Jill said...

It all looks just perfect. I can feel the love!

Melanie said...

It looks like you had such a nice Easter, Penny! Kristen is so cute. I can see both you and your husband in her.