Friday, April 12, 2013

Pickin the Sun Down

 
Strange name for a post, but it's what came to mind this morning as I put this together.
It's an old John Denver instrumental...and I was "pickin" and the Sun was, well,
not down but concealed by clouds.
 It's just how I think...weird huh? 
Anywho, I found this beautiful cup at the local thrift.

I love roses, and this big deep cup was so pretty so I picked it up.

 
Oh course I had to look it up when I got home.
 The most beautiful china.
 (A cup with a saucer was $35 on eBay..this cup was $1.99) 
This one beautiful cup will go on my mug tree.

 
My SIL Elizabeth has a couple of these books.  I love to look at them whenever I visit.  When I spied these on the shelf at the thrift, it took me 2 seconds to grab them.  Priced at $2.99 each I thought they were a steal.  When I got to the register, the cashier gave them to me for 1.99 each!
I bet Elizabeth got them for less, she is just that good at picking!

 
This one is my favorite.  So many great storage solutions. 

 
Then I picked up this thesaurus.  The tiny paperback I own is impossible to see.  When you write, do you have books around you?  I have large dictionaries, a Bartlett's Familiar Quotations, an Oxford French Dictionary, Alexandra Stoddard's Grace Notes, a dozen old copies of Leaves, other poetry books and my ipad, since I write mostly on my PC.  Think I would be a better writer with all this reference material? No, not really.
 I even have a grammar book or two. 
Lord help me, I ain't got no learnin'.

 
This is how I feel about thrifting. Happiness is a shopping spree!  The bag a gift from my dear Kristen.

Looking forward to the weekend.  It's Rummage sale season!  There is one close by...  
Have a great weekend my friends. 
Thanks for stopping by and for all your kind comments. 
Enjoy this beautiful day.


Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Our Hopeful Home said...

There was a day when I collected tea cups (most of them with roses on them, mind you)and this one's a beaut! Did I tell you that I got the mug tree from World Market after your advice? Was saving it for the "new" home, but with that on tha back burner I'll have to get it out....Pottery Barn books! I have one on my coffee table right now, from the LIBRARY! Great score! I'm pretty happy about the warmer weather and outdoor sales, too! Have a great weekend!

Melanie said...

That rose tea cup is absolutely gorgeous! And I would've snatched up those Pottery Barn books, too - great deal! Love the Snoopy bag that Kirsten got you. I'm going to a library book sale tomorrow morning (I know, just what I need) and then I might just have to stop at the nearby Savers. ;-)

Lynne said...

Love your Rose cup find, books too . . . Question, what are you writing . . . Second question, may I go thrifting with you?

Barbara Lilian in France said...

What a pretty rose design cup you found at your thrift store. When I was still living in England I used to spend time searching the antique shops for English china cups & saucers.When I moved to France I had a big clear out & gave most of them away to friends.I just keep one set of a cup,saucer & plate. Enjoy your thrifting as my American blogging friends call it.

savvycityfarmer said...

It's always nice seeing your name pop up Penny

I can just imagine steaming hot coffee in that cup

And you can never have enough design book
Have a beautiful weekend
I really do appreciate our friendship

savvycityfarmer said...

It's always nice seeing your name pop up Penny

I can just imagine steaming hot coffee in that cup

And you can never have enough design book
Have a beautiful weekend
I really do appreciate our friendship