Monday, April 29, 2013

Our First Spring Weekend Update

 
Rummage sales were near and far...
we opted for near since we we waiting for the
delivery of our clothes dryer and installation.

 
This is the caddie that I painted and tried to transfer onto.
I just sanded some of the corners to give it that
aged look...that will do for now until I get another idea.
I wanted it to hold the cutting boards I've been collecting,
inspired by a photo on Pinterest.
Three cutting boards,  $1.50 for all.

 
This is where it sits on the counter, right next to a gift from sweet Joy of Savvy City Farmer.
The graphic once belonged to our dear Annie, and Joy turned it into the rustic art you see here.
I love seeing it each day, remembering Annie and the kindness of my friend Joy. 

 
My rummage treasures, glass... 2 more canisters... $1.25

 
Little pitcher, 4 juice glasses (jelly jars)  and short and squat jar. 75 cents for all.

The rest of the story as they say is that we have our new dryer...in the garage.  When they came to install it,
the very young tech could not open the fitting on the gas pipe.  He said it was bad and that they could not safely install the dryer.  The tech left. We believed him and called the plumber.  The plumber said there was nothing wrong with the fitting.  It was old but still safe and showed us how it operated.  To avoid any future problems, we had him install a new fitting. $$$$$$  Now SEARS, wants us to wait until May...(which is just days away, but we have been without a dryer for 9 days now...) Maybe Tuesday or Wednesday to get the dryer installed. We are not happy campers.  Grumble grumble...

 
We used all of our negative energy cleaning up the garden, sawing a hole in our deck...long story, and enjoying the beautiful first REAL Spring weekend.  Can't wait to get to the nursery for some plants...unless it snows again.  Have a great week my friends, enjoy this beautiful day.

Complimentary Cloud Photo ;-)

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Our Hopeful Home said...

Sorry about the dryer. Too bad you're not like me, I hardly dry anything! Know what you mean about the weather, I'm afraid to really let myself believe that spring is here, but have been trying a few plantings. Son and I have even started our own wheatgrass pots!

Jill said...

Love your caddie with the cutting boards! Great idea and execution by you.

So sorry about your dryer. Shame on Sears!

Melanie said...

That is too bad that you had a negative experience with Sears! Did you get this tech's name? His boss should know what he did! Or, rather, didn't do!

Love how you displayed your cutting boards in the caddy. Lovely rummage sale finds, too.

Faye Henry said...

Hi.. So nice to meet you.. I must tell you I joined your site after the first picture.. I, too, am collecting cutting boards and thought you were a UK site.. I love their mags and your pics remind me of them..
Take care and I look forward to following your blog here in Canada..

Lynne said...

Ahhh, what "finds you find" . . . Love the glass pitcher . . . and wonder who will wear the little wellies . . .

Happy First of May . . . if I were near you would find a May Basket on your door knob . . . I would ring your door bell and run and hide too . . .

SearsCare said...

Dear Panny,

My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. We are truly sorry for the trouble you have encountered with your dryer installation. We certainly understand how important a working dryer is to the household, and we’d like to assist in making this right by you. At your earliest convenience please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Panny), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We do look forward to speaking with you soon!


Thank you,
Brian S.
Social Media Moderator
Sears Social Media Support