Thursday, April 25, 2013

The dryer is dead, long live the washer!

 
View of the laundry room, circa 2010.

 
I took these photos back then, when our long lived washer died and we had to get a new one.
That prompted a little makeover of the laundry room.  The room still looks the same, a little more clutter, but it functions as a pantry and a laundry room. 


 
Our dryer needed a new motor.  The tech that came advised us against that costly repair on a 14 year old machine.  We only buy Maytag...remember the loneliest guy in town ads.  It's true.  They last for a very long time, and work great.    We went to the local Sears, found the only Maytag dryer on the floor, bought it and were home in 45 minutes!  I will spend a while in the garage, since they have to deliver the dryer and take out the old one that way. Everyone has something in our garage, and it needs some straightening up!

   
Just thought I'd add this photo from Mequon, Wisconsin. Taken in June of 2010.  It is one of my favorites, with  beautiful Lake Michigan shining in the background.  It's 45 degrees today, and even me, a four season girl can't wait for some warmer weather and the summer road trips we love so much.

I am almost finished with the centerpieces for our Pastor's anniversary.  I spent too much time looking for some photocopies I had made to use with Citrasolv to transfer on a tool caddie I painted.  The Citrasolv bubbled the paint and no transfer happened.  Grrrrr.  I tried to sand off the offending paint, what a mess.  Ended up repainting.  I was asked by my friend Barb from Babs Just a Babblin to stamp a bird on a piece of fabric for her.  We saw a great pillow at 363 when we went to the Midwest Meetup, and she is trying to recreate it.  It was so scary to stamp on Barb's fabric.  Thank goodness it turned out well. I hope she will like it. (I'll let Barb show the finished project.)

I am blessed in so many ways.  We are so spoiled with washers and dryers, faucets and all the "headaches" of having a home today.  I never forget how much we wanted our own home, and what a haven it is to our family, extended family and friends.  How grateful we are to have this home, and the sheltering comfort it gives us.  Counting our blessings.

Have a great weekend my friends.  Enjoy this beautiful day.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

babs said...

I had no doubt it would turn out perfect. That's why I turned to expert!

I count my blessings daily and, you my dear, are one of them! Excited to see the fabric.

Debby said...

I hope you show it as well. Yes we are blessed. I watched the Today show with the stars homes for sale.....one was 40million. I wouldn't even want to visit. The only thing I liked was the view.

Lynne said...

I too count my blessings . . . I am looking forward to seeing the perfect stencil, I have no doubt . . .

Happy new Maytag drying days!

Melanie said...

Sorry to hear your dryer broke. Ah, the joys of home ownership, huh? ;-)