Monday, April 22, 2013

Weekend Update/Fun with Flags

 
Silly title I know, but this little flag had quite a journey...
(and I love to reference The Big Bang Theory
whenever I get the chance!)
I've had this little flag for years, it's one of my favorites, so cheerful and uplifting.
Last week I needed all the help I could get, so I put it out in front of our door.
Thursday night was blustery...
When I woke up in the morning the flag was gone!
I looked all around the outside, up and down the block...
Every time we got into the car I looked...
Then Sunday as we got to the end of our block,
I spotted it!  It was in a puddle covered in mud!
I jumped out of the car and did a happy dance...
You know the one...you raise your hands like Rocky
and jump up and down.
I picked up the dripping nasty flag. (Honey really didn't want it in his car, but I convinced him ;-)
After a soak in Oxyclean, it is good as new, now safety pinned
so it can't fly off for another adventure.

 
Saturday morning!

 
Not just a dusting, real snow!

 
It didn't stop us from our rummaging. Hi honey!

 
Some treasures...

 
I wanted this book a few years back but balked at the $20 price tag...
$1 at a local rummage sale
with all the patterns

 
Old buttons and a cake pan.

 
Yes, another lamp.

 
Score of the day, cotton fabric for rug making.  No price on the box...
I held my breath as she counted out the skeins...  Then she said, "They are ten cents each, but everything is half price!"  SCORE!  Kristen has first pick and was equally excited by my bargain.
It is kinda like bias tape for crocheting. (anyway that's what we will use it for)

 
Some beautiful old fashioned fabric prints, and a yard of black rayon velvet!

We made some progress on the home front.  Hubby installed a new faucet in the kitchen.  The old one, though beautiful, leaked...  We needed new phones for the house, the old ones sounded terrible.  Are we the only people that still have a land line?  Anyway, it was not the phones but the line.  Waiting for the technician.  Then the dryer started squealing...tech coming tomorrow.  One step forward, two steps back...The joy of home ownership!

Hope you had a great weekend, and have a wonderful week ahead.  Thanks for stopping by and for your kind comments. Enjoy this beautiful day my friends.


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Hi Penny, glad you and your honey had time to do some rummaging! Always fun. We have a land line, too. Have wanted to get rid of it for a long time, but hubby insists on keeping it. As he works 911, he sees firsthand how important it is to keep a landline, as most 911 centers still are not able to track cell calls. Well, my life is finally a little bit calmer. Would you like to get together one day next week?

Jill said...

I am so glad you found your darling flag! And new treasures to boot. Gorgeous lamp!

Lynne said...

Oxi clean to the rescue! Yay . . .

Someone took, (borrowed) my homemade by my mother, Green Bay Packer flag years ago. I pleaded for return in the local newspaper and it was by my front door the next day. And I went Yay then too . . .

I wish I lived closer and I would go rummaging with you . . .

Cotton rugs . . . ? Please tell me more . . .